A. BACKGROUND OF SPIRESS
STRATEGIC PROGRAM IN RESEARCH SUPPORT SERVICE Team or known abbreviated as SPIRESS Team is a small organisation that provided The RESEARCH SUPPORT TRAINING @ USM. The SPIRESS Team was established in the year 2013 at USM Perpustakaan Hamzah Sendut Library. The team was founded by Mr Mohd Nasir Hj Md Rashid, Deputy Chief Library (Resource Planning and Development) altogether with 17 USM librarians. The team is offering a lot of variety of training products and consultation services especially for postgraduate and doctorate/PhD students.
B. INTRODUCTION OF RESEARCH SUPPORT @ USM
The research support training is actually aim to facilitate the rapid research trend and fulfills the needs in helping students to organize and manage their research work. The SPIRESS team have expertise in developing technical programs and training modules that suitable for all postgraduates and doctorate candidate holders. There are five (5) training modules and consultation programs. Each training modules and consultation programs is provided to meet the specific areas or subjects of knowledge related to the student's necessities in research work.
Help customers to improve skills in facilitating the research work, especially in terms of:-
- Optimizing the usage of MS Word for thesis writing effectively.
- Store & manage bibliographic information efficiently .
- Conduct consultation on how to publish in scholarly journals and develop better understanding on issues & trend related to the Open Access scholarly publication.
- Expert in using Google application that simplifies the process of research work.
D. AREA OF TRAINING PRODUCTS & CONSULTATION SERVICES
- Google Drive & Scholars : Your Research Support Tools
- Open Access publication
- Easy-to-write with MS Word
- All contents & training products are handled by the USM librarians.
- The Free Training session held specifically for Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) members only.
- For consultation, Please contact us:-
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Phone: +6046535373
- Counter: G Floor, PHS new building, Universiti Sains Malaysia Library, 11800, USM, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Mendeley Group [CLICK]
Open Access Malaysia Support Group [CLICK]
Open Access Malaysia News
|The Research Support Training consist Mendeley, Open Acess Publication, & Google Training.|